Well, I eat clean MOST of the time. But then there are the occasional times that I just need to eat those carbs to reset my system.
What do you do after a meal of unclean foods?
Here are a few tips to help you get back on track.
1. Don’t overly stress about it. There is nothing you can do once the food has gone down the hatch. You just have to move forward.
2. Drink some peppermint tea to settle your tummy as you will feed a bit of indigestion set in.
3. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins you just ate. Also, since you probably just ate a ton of carbs…it will flush out that extra water associated with them. Carbs hold water, don’t forget! Carbs will make you bloat don’t forget…
4. Wake up the next day and eat a high protein breakfast. It is important that you don’t skip this step as that will cause you to only go into “starvation mode.”
5. Go light on the carbs, drink TONS of water and get some exercise in.
6. Try some gentle yoga poses. These yoga poses will aid in digestion and overall increase your comfort level.
So, don’t worry. A meal or two will not wreck your clean eating work. Just get right back on the “horse” to minimize the meals.
What do you do that helps with recovery from an “unclean eating” episode??
Share your tips in the comment section below.